PM2.5 refers to particles smaller than 2.5microns in diameter, very small!
Particulates and other pollutants can cause people to suffer from:
- complications with asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, pneumonia and other lung diseases; irritations to the nose, throat and ear canal;
- breathing difficulties, chest pain and headaches;
- increased sensitivity to allergens;
- reduced alertness;
- diminished lung function;
- weakened immune system; and
- increased risk of heart disease.
Your OxyBox will be most efficient and effective if you remember these following tips and tricks:
1. Replace the filters at the recommended times to ensure that the filter stays as effective and efficient as the day you purchased it.
2. Wash and dry the prefilter to help remove large dust particles and fluff that builds up. This will help prolong the use of the filter. Please do not put a wet prefilter back into the machine as it will damage the HEPA filter.
3. Check that windows and doors are closed to ensure that the space you are in is purified as efficiently as possible.
4. For best results and air quality, keep the air purifier on 24 hours a day so that any polluted air seeping in is continuously being treated by the air purifier.
When you choose an air purifier, it’s important to understand what type of filter media it uses. Origins uses Snowline HEPA filters made of micro-glass fibre. They are capable of capturing and retaining up to 400 times the amount of contamination and particulate matter of traditional filter elements.
This is the preferred choice for high efficiency ASHRAE, HEPA and ULPA filtration systems because micro glass offers significant benefits: high efficiency, low pressure drop, high dust loading capacity and uniformity of the woven fibres.
This material is 100% biodegradable and safe for the environment.
When the OxyBox is operating on level 3, the highest setting, the sound is ≤55 dB. By comparison, a vacuum cleaner is 75 dB and an average home is 50 dB. On our ‘silent mode’ setting, noise levels are around 30dB! This means that you can enjoy clean air without any additional noise pollution in the comfort of your own home.